[Slowhand] Re:Once more of geographics

Kris Senden kris.senden at skynet.be
Tue Aug 3 14:42:51 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am from Belgium and I got caught trading bootlegs by the Belgian customs
two years ago. I had to sign a document stating that I would no longer trade
and they took the discs I traded. If they ever caught me again trading
bootlegs I had to pay a very high fee per song. Can you imagine?

I immediately stopped trading of course, I took my site ofline and informed
everyone I was trading with at that time!

So to answer your question, it indeed is a likely scenario! On a regular
basis they pick some packages out and inspect them, if it contains something
illegal, you are invited to explain what it is all about. If it's your first
time they catch you and if you play it well all you get is a warning (if you
are lucky enough like me) but if they really want they can make you pay a
lot.

As long as you trade inside the European community (without Switzerland)
they don't inspect these packages but if you send something to the States or
outside the European community....

Kris

Message: 1