[Slowhand] Re:Once more of geographics

Eddy Pollet Thuis eddy.pollet at pandora.be
Tue Aug 3 14:56:50 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Living in Belgium and having traded moderately, I have never had any
problems with customs BUT ... I have never sent more than perhaps 10 CD's at
a time ... it is possible that a bigger package gets more attention than a
smaller one . As far as I know, my outgoing packages have never been checked
by customs, but on incoming ones, I've seen a mention of the US customs most
of the time, but nothing more . I always have sent them as a letter .

OTOH, the first time I ordered some CD's from CDnow (I think it were 7 pcs),
I had to pay a supplement of about $30 for customs, which -together with
postage- ate about all all the benefit I made by ordering it in the US .

I also heard -and I guess it was from the same person- that he had 17 discs
confiscated, and that was the main reason that he preferred trading in
Belgium for a while .

Perhaps it's just a matter of having an innocent hand :-)

Eddy