[Slowhand] Re: Duel

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 07:07:22 EDT 2004

>> Make up and chill out or you'll have to deal with me!!
>>
>> Who do you think will win between the three of us???

---------------

Well that all depends to a degree not on practice, rehearsal,
stagecraft, dress, but also subject material.

I've given careful thought to this and let's face it EC's songs
are usually NOT great for Air Guitar (although I do make
exceptions for instance for GTGBIALW), in a duel I'll probably
go for a personal favorite like "Pearls" by the Buck Pets (I will
bet that none of you saw THAT coming from me, "Mercurotones"
is my all time favorite crank-it-loud-and-play-along-album whether
on air or real guitar).  I don't know what Mel (or Mills) will pick
but I am sure it will be something suitably appropriate for Air
Guitar.

But you'll do, what, a Dylan folk song?  C'mon, that will NEVER
win you the gold trophy at Air Guitar.  Even if you put the white
zinc nose cream on and shades, and a pimp hat a la Last Waltz.

So to answer your question and give some odds ... I'll have to know
what subject material you'd use!!!!

Al