[Slowhand] RE: Slowhand Digest, Vol 3, Issue 473, etc etc

Jon Maclean macca461 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 22 07:38:39 EDT 2004

Sorry folks, but the Digest has become something of a bore to me in recent
days. I've scanned through several of them recently without seeing the name
"Eric Clapton" mentioned at all.
Sure, the distribution of EC shows, properly duplicated, is an important
consideration to many of us, but enough is enough. I'm sick of reading about
EAC, DAO, ripping, burning, Roxio, Nero, etc.
Reading all this dross may excite a computer nerds' convention, but it
leaves me (and I suspect just a few others) a little cold. There has been so
much information in fact that it is only adding confusion to the mix.
On the one hand I sincerely sympathise with Mark's frustration over the
"dirty pool" scenario, particularly after his herculean (and unpaid) efforts
over the past few years, but on the other hand I feel he wants to stop the
overflow of a dam well after the first major cracks have appeared in its
walls. An information center on one of these trading sites would be a
tremendous asset, particularly if several of those currently debating this
issue recently were prepared to contribute, but in reality this particular
forum is supposed to be about discussing Eric Clapton and his music. And it
becomes a particular bore when people start getting nasty. We're ALL Clapton
fans here, otherwise we wouldn't bother reading any of this banter at all.
Let's introduce a little tolerance.
Apart from Grant's interesting comment about EC's session work (and
Richard's lone reply), I've learnt nothing about Clapton or his music in
several posts. And that disappoints me the most.
Flame away.

Cheers,
Jon