[Slowhand] DAO, Replies, and the dreaded Swamp Meat

Sol Fischler solron at optonline.net
Sun Aug 29 23:29:23 EDT 2004

Apparently,  I made two mistakes --

the first was going on vacation.

The second was catching up on SD #'s 463 thru 492 in one sitting.

My head exploded.

TWICE!

The debris set off the smoke detector TWO ROOMS AWAY!

What the hell is wrong with you people?  I go away for a week,  and when I
come back we're trading,  or we're not trading,   or people are bent because
we're offering TOO MUCH,  or we're trading on bad discs,  or on good discs,
but incorrectly,  and then there are TWO lists,  one for trading,  one for
EC information,  and one for technical FAQ's.

And what happened to "if you don't like the message,  keep scrolling..."  ?
I sure as hell didn't sit through three bloody years of "what color shoes
did he wear?"  only to have people shouted down because they tried to
explain the science behind CDRs.  Over and over and over again.

Jeez Louise,  all the messages have a subject -- you don't like the subject,
scroll!  Skip it!  Avoid it like the plague!  But don't tell someone NOT to
post -- some of us LIKE putting tape on our glasses every once in a while
and being told when we're doing something wrong.

And most importantly,  I hope we all learned a lesson from Mark -- a graphic
and real-life example of why we shouldn't talk on a cell phone while we
drive!

Whoo...

Wow.  Okay --

Glad I got that off my chest.  Thanks,  everybody,  for winding me back up.
It was a great vacation,  and I would have been HORRIBLY unprepared if I'd
gone back to work in the totally relaxed frame of mind I was in yesterday.

Now for the Swamp Meat --

Oh,  sorry,  no Swamp Meat today -- because the B.B. King Crossroads set
that I got is FULL OF GAPS!

I promised to re-offer it,  but I refuse.

That is,  until I get a GOOD copy.

Maybe there is something to this quality conversation after all ...