[Slowhand] re: Scott Peterson's Trading etiquette

mike petrilli ziggo820 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 14:56:52 EST 2004

About two weeks ago several people jumped all over some poor guy because because he distributed Almost free music that had gaps between the songs.He was scorned for not using proper trading etiquette.Who made these rules anyway,God.Well since they say Clapton is God maybe he did.

Badge-Let it Rain is one of the very few songs that he runs together,although there are about eight hundred versions of it.I bet by the time you have your jarring experience from the split second gap,you couldn't blink faster.Or even pick your nose in a restaurant.

I have most of what I needed to trade for so thats not much of a problem.After all,how many versions of Wonderful Tonight can one man have.

But,every once in a while someone offers a new disc with the stipulation that it be passed on.I have to pass myself off as a burnerless person because my recorder leaves gaps and I'm afraid (well I'm not really afraid) of breaking the socalled rules.I'm sure the Record Company's and the FTC are concerned about a few rules being broken too.

Its virtually free music that people can enjoy without spending all of their hard earned cash.So what if there are a few glitches.I guess to the perfectionist it is a big deal.But those same people will gladly listen to a Bathroom 2 recording as long as there are no gaps between songs.

As far as the mini-disc,all I really wanted to point out is I can edit the gaps right out and separate combined tracks rather easily.Why can't you do that with a CDR? I guess I could transfer from CDR to mini-disc and back to CDR but that takes several hours and alot of work.

I've done alot of trading and never had a complaint.It wasn't until recently that I became aware of these rules that have been set forth by the powers to be.Maybe you could put my head on a stick and lynch me.

Well over and out as I gaze out my window at the Mighty Mississip.

http://mail.yahoo.com