[Slowhand] RE : So-Called trading Edicate

Leo Coomans meesaboogie at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 15 15:34:37 EST 2004

Mike,
As I wrote some time ago, I won't have this discussion
again on this list.
So don't try.
Leo.

Original message from mike petrilli :
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 15:08:18 -0800 (PST)
From: mike petrilli <ziggo820 at yahoo.com>
Subject: [Slowhand] So-Called trading Edicate
To: slowhand at planet-torque.com

What is all the hub-ub about gaps between songs.What
are you going to
miss.A bunch of people in the crowd yelling and
screaming.These same
people who complain are jumping all over each other to
get a audience 2
recording which I find unbearable to listen to.A buddy
of mine and I rate
these recordings as a bathroom 2 if you get my
meaning.I use
mini-disc's which are far superior to cd-r's which are
prehistoric in
technolgy.With a mini-disc you can edit gaps or micro
seconds of of recordings.You
can erase,change the order and add subtract songs as
much as you
want.You can also label them with 1000 caracters of
information which will
read out on your LED.They are totally encased,so they
won't get
scratched.I even have car stereo with the LED readout
and a walkman which
doesn't skip.

With X amount of dollars to spend,I bought a cheap CDR
with doesn't
have the record at once feature so audience recordings
all run together if
it doesn't have a gap.It will seperate songs if there
is a three second
gap.Besides can't you fix the gap situation on a
computer.I only bought
a CDR to be able to trade,and I wasn't going to spend
alot.

With all the micro technology coming out,CDR's will be
19th Century
soon anyway.Not to emntion storage space.Remember
records.You could fill a
whole wall with them.

Maybe some of the people can't afford $600 state of
the art CDR's.Does
that mean thay are not allowed to trade.Not everyone
is Mark Devo or
Delta Blues Nick.

Oh yeah mini discs sound better.

Oh well,coming to you from the Home of the
Blues,Mississippi Delta Mike