[Slowhand] N.S.U.

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 13:02:33 EST 2004

With the great news of some Cream shows on the
horizon,
and with recent discussions on the SD, one can't help
but
think of that tune "N.S.U.". Short, of course, for
"Non
Specific Urethritis", or, more specifically "The
Clap".

And like a bad dose of venereal disease, certain
topics
keep recurring here on the SD and it seems these
issues
just refuse to go away.

Carpal tunnel syndrome is a real problem as well, and
since I am of course concerned for the well being of
all
EC fans, I would like to propose a solution that will
make these discussions much easier on everyone, lessen

the amount of typing, make reading and downloading
faster, and just be an improvement in general - we can

abbreviate! It's just a matter of reducing certain
topics to a small code.  It would work like this, we
would have a table like so:

Code:           Description:
---------------------------------
001             EC Sucks
002             EC Rules
003             Fender Sucks
004             Gibson Sucks
005             EC is a Slacker
006             EC is not a Slacker
007             DeltaNick is Wrong
008             DeltaNick is Right
009             EC has sucked since (date/period)
010             Please unsub me from this list cause
                I don't want to read the directions.
011             The Setlist Generator is Stuck
012             The Setlist Generator is Fine
013             Ginger said "Eric Clapton - Vocals"
014             Ginger said "Eric Clapton, please ...
Vocals"
015             Please unsub me from the list 'cause
                My brain can't take technical stuff.

This is of course just a subset but it would make
conversations much faster to type, to wit:

DN: 009(1971), 011, 003.

1st Response: 007, 012, 002

2nd Response: 008, 009(1974, 1995), 011, 003.

3rd Response: 015.

This is of course just a sample but I think it would
work great once we got used to it - what a way to ring

in the new year!

Happy New Year all (beating the same old very dead
horses)

Cheers,
AG (tongue firmly in cheek)