[Slowhand] Standing/Seating in European venues

Michael Sawin msawin at hotmail.com
Wed May 31 18:22:16 EDT 2006

What normally happens in Europe is a free-for-all. Generally, with the
exception of the UK, there are no seats 'on the floor' and if you get in
early enough, you're near the front-if not, you're at the back. Unless you
want to barge your way through. On the stalls (sides) the seating can be
either allocated or on a first come first served basis-it varies from venue
to venue. The nice thing about Europe is that with no real effort you can be
the equivalent of 2/3 rows from stage centre every night. I do hope some of
you will make the effort if not this tour then, if there are any more, the
next one. You won't regret it. The guy at the RAH who came to the front was
just trying to enjoy himself but we're so staid and set in our ways here in
the UK that he broke the unwritten rule: Not to be seen enjoying yourself
till the last 3 songs.