[Slowhand] Time To Hang Up Wonderful Tonight

ToeKneeF slowhandnj at comcast.net
Tue Jun 6 00:48:15 EDT 2006

Sunday evening I was channel surfing and came to my local PBS station
WNJN. It must have been one of their fund raising drives because they
had on a show of 50's and 60's Rock & Roll. Do Wop is still a major
cultural force for all the blue hairs living in retirement homes in
South Jersey. The music was performed by some lame-o named Daniel
O'Donnell. Never heard of him before, in the states, but a little
research seems to indicate that he is big in the UK. What caught my
attention was th close-up of the guitar players hands as he kicked off
WT. What WT was doing in a program of 50's and 60's Rock & Roll I can't
say, but after hearing this horrific rendition, schmaltzier than ever, I
decided then and there that Eric needs to retire WT, if only for a few
years. Don't get me wrong, I can take it or leave it, but having heard
this lame version of the song, I began to think of all the lounge
lizards and wedding singers out there who desecrate this song on a
regular basis. It's time to get it out of the public consciousness so
lame-o's like Mr. O'Donnell don't do further damage with the
song.........anyone who has complained about hearing Eric perform WT
needs to listen to Mr. O'Donnell's rendition. They'll never complain
again!!........I think my hearing is slowly returning to normal...........T

--
"As long as there are women on this earth who men love,
there will always be the blues.".......John Lee Hooker