[Slowhand] RE: Civil Discussion

Jason Lynch jalynch_80 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 12 13:00:35 EDT 2006

>I will sat that creatively, I think LAOALS is where EC reached his

>pinnacle,

>that album is simply a masterpiece.

>Cheers,

>Jon

Jon, this was something I didn't touch on as I was trying to stay
guitar-focused, but I agree. Creatively, I think LAOALS is the top for EC,
and I mean that in terms of the strnegth of the material he was writing and
bringing to the table. The only album that comes anywhere close in terms of
the song strength is Pilgrim. It seems the more jilted he is, the better he
writes. Obviously, I think much of Disraeli Gears and Wheels of Fire is
outstanding, but EC wasn't writing those songs, so I wouldn't place them in
this particular context.

Jason