[Slowhand] Eric Clapton and JJ Cale To Release Album Together

John Mills turbineltd at btconnect.com
Wed Sep 13 05:32:15 EDT 2006

At last!

http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2006/sep06/20060913_ericclapton.html

Eric Clapton and JJ Cale To Release Album Together
by Paul Cashmere
September 13 2006

Music legends Eric Clapton and JJ Cale will release their first joint effort
in November.
The album 'The Road To Escondido' brings full-circle where Clapton was on
his first solo album from 1970. Clapton covered Cale's 'After Midnight' on
his self-titled album and continued the Cale covers with 'Cocaine' on 1977's
'Slowhand', 'I'll Make Love To You Anytime' on 1978's 'Backless' and
'Travelin' Light' on 2001's 'Reptile'.
Clapton's covers made the reclusive Cale a reluctant star. "I didn't look at
music as a career; I was just hanging out, having a good time" he once said.
"I thought of writing songs like playing golf or going fishing. When Eric
Clapton cut "After Midnight", I decided that I'd be a songwriter - although
I really just wanted to play the guitar."
In 2004, Cale performed at Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival in Dallas.
Clapton joined Cale on stage and the pair performed 'After Midnight' and
'Call Me The Breeze' together.
Clapton's last collaborative effort was the 2001 album with B.B. King
'Riding With The King'.
'The Road To Escondido' will be released through Clapton's label Warner
Music.
The first song from the album 'Ride The River' will be sent to radio in two
weeks.