[Slowhand] Almighty One.....oh no you didn't !!!

joeyjay at att.net joeyjay at att.net
Tue Dec 12 08:24:57 EST 2006

AG wrote
I think their financial problems probably started with a shameless bit
of pilfering of promotional materials in June, 1999, in Philadelphia
.... don't YOU, (you know who you are!)

<very big grin>

Hey Almighty One,

Tell me you didn't "go there".....hehe

Come on man !!! It was that South Street vino talkin'. And you have to admit, I asked for it politely. But did they give it to me??? No-o-o-o-o-o !!! (ala John Belushi)

And I got that booger signed by Peter Wolf, Magic Dick and J. Geils....lol

Wasn't that a special show !!! It was like a 1970 time warp to see that reunion show. They pulled out so much of the early stuff from The Morning After, Full House, The J. Geils Band and Bloodshot. And they still had that incredible on stage energy intact. One of the great "live" bands of all time.

And then to see Clapton the next night at the Garden doing Little Wing !!! And remember, we almost considered taking the ride to see the Allman Brothers the next night !!!

We would have seen Clapton and the two bands that closed the Fillmore East (Allmans & Geils) on three consecutive nights !!!

Good stuff.
Jay