[Slowhand] EC ACCESS YEAR 2 FIASCO CONTINUES

Dave Langley david_langley at btconnect.com
Sat Jan 20 12:43:41 EST 2007

Thank you to all the Slowhand Digest members who sent me their comments on the EC Year 2 Subscription fiasco. The comments contained such words as RIP OFF, FRAUDULENT, SCAM and some words best not repeated.

I thought I would share with you two responses I have had from the EC Access Customer Support Team, a guy called Melvin. I think you will find the dates of interest as it would appear that the who fan club is in a complete state of melt down in their ordering system. The response is exactly the same in both emails even down to the use of the word "the" duplicated yet they are over a month apart, wonder how long a back order system takes to catch up and there must be a very large number of new members out there who are very unhappy about their first experience with the EC Access fan site let alone us members from Year 1.

I wonder if Melvin really exists or is he part of the Set List Generator Program? Maybe The Almighty has another job?

Reply on 13th December 2006 (my email dated 8th December 2006.
Thank you for contacting the Eric Clapton Fan Club Support Team. We apologize for the inconvenience. Due the the large amount of new members that signed up for EC Access all YEAR 2 packages are currently on back order. We expect to begin shipment shortly. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience. If you require further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Reply on 17th January 2007 (my email dated 14th January 2007)
Thank you for contacting the Eric Clapton Fan Club Support Team. We apologize for the inconvenience. Due the the large amount of new members that signed up for EC Access all YEAR 2 packages are currently on back order. We expect to begin shipment shortly. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience. If you require further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Anyone have any more information on their subscription both first timers and renewals?

I knew when I was at Woking this year I should have worn my T Shirt from Year 1 subscription suitably amended to say "Where is my Year 2 T Shirt Eric".

Regards

Dave