[Slowhand] EC Sydney Concert 29 January

Woff woff at tpg.com.au
Mon Jan 29 22:15:30 EST 2007

Well, I am sure that there are others more eloquent than I who could
give a review, but I need to say something.

This was my first Clapton concert, and if he waits another 17 years,
probably my last!

And from the first notes of "Tell The Truth", until the end of
"Crossroads", there was only one blemish - and that had been expected -
"Wonderful Tonight". Other than that it only takes two words to describe
it - "fucking awesome".

I took my 22 year old son, who is just learning guitar, and he spent
much of the night just shaking his head in disbelief. Being a Pink Floyd
fan he had come across Doyle Bramhall II before from his stint with
Roger Waters, but he wasn't familiar with Derek Trucks. He is now!

I won't try to analyse each song, there are others far better qualified
than me to do that. However, I do want to say that if anyone wants to
suggest that Clapton just doesn't have "it" any more, get yourselves
along to one of his concerts, you may just be surprised.

Sadly I wasn't taping - hopefully someone else was.

Cheers

Woff