[Slowhand] RE : Staples Center,3/14 aka "The Derek Trucks show"

Shanahan mowdamowda at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 17 04:22:45 EDT 2007

"On the negative side for me was all the showcasing of Derek Trucks...a big
disappointment"

"...rather than some (imo) overblown, over the top, and occasionally out of
tune slide playing by Mr. Trucks."

"Quite frankly, I was very disappointed in this show.."

"left me quite often squirming in my seat in painful reaction to his
screeching tone and unmelodic phrasing."

"Of course Eric has to take the blame"

"Eric should have trimmed down some of these arrangements"

"Trading solos with less interesting players isn't very conducive to a
memorable concert experience"

"but I could do without the frequent piano/keyboard solos"

"rather than his boring and ear irritating solos."

AND

"I'm sure I'm not the only fan that was more than a little disappointed "

Yer darn tootin' you're not the only disappointed fan.

I know EXACTLY what you mean, but not just Trucks and the keyboard players
Stainton and Carmon.

What about that over-rated rhythm section of Weeks and Jordan?

In fact Eric has disappointed me continually over the years with his choice
of sloppy, lazy, untalented sidemen (and his crap setlists).

I'm not even going to mention the clothes, shoes, teeth and Phantom ring (Aw
shit! I just did)

Give me the good old days of Cream, as long as he loses Jack Bruce and
Ginger Baker.

If only Eric would listen to us, at least there would be two happy fans in
this crazy old world.

Tone