[Slowhand] One more time

Ron Ciul reciul at mac.com
Wed Apr 18 14:30:02 EDT 2007

I must say that I was a little disappointed in the lack of fire that I witnessed
at the Detroit show two weeks ago. I was greatly hoping to catch the Derek
Trucks version of the band. In general, I think Eric isn't playing or recording
for his audience. I believe he is playing and recording for himself. I view
Eric's last couple of years work as his revisiting his past one more time before
he's gone.

Think of it he's:

Played with Mayall at his 70 th birthday party,

The Cream reunion shows,

Collaborations with JJ Cale & BB King. (things he wanted to do).

He played WMGGW, with Paul McCartney at the Concert with George.

Playing D&D song sets with Trucks (as close to Duane Allman as he'll get for the
next several years, hopefully).

Didn't Eric also do a couple of songs with on Bobbie Whitlock on Jules Holland's
TV show a year or two back?

A potential for a Blind Faith song set with Steve Winwood at Crossroads 07.

Pilgrim & Reptile weren't done for anybody but himself. (Although I like
several songs from each).

Now if he pairs up with the Jim McCarty or Chris Dreja of the Yardbirds (they
are on tour now in the US & Europe this summer) or Delaney Bramlett,

I think he has pretty much has done it all again one last time. That's just my
take on the last few years.

Ron Ciul