[Slowhand] Slowhand Digest, Vol 9, Issue 372

Bruce Wilson kbw at mchsi.com
Thu Nov 29 20:15:36 EST 2007

Joey Jay asked:

Did any non-DVD cuts air on the PBS broadcast?

Pearly Queen? Further On Up The Road? Cocaine? Key To The Highway?
------------------------------------

No--I made a point of recording Great Performances because of the
description at VH1.com at
http://www.vh1.com/artists/rock_on_tv/show_info.jhtml?type=airing&motvId=rotv%3Aa428325 :

On tap for the historic afternoon: Jeff Beck, Doyle Bramhall II, Robert
Cray, Sheryl Crow, Vince Gill, Buddy Guy, B.B. King, Alison Krauss & Union
Station featuring Jerry Douglas, Sonny Landreth, Albert Lee, Los Lobos, John
Mayer, John McLaughlin, Willie Nelson, Robert Randolph and the Family Band,
Robbie Robertson, Hubert Sumlin, The Derek Trucks Band featuring Susan
Tedeschi, Jimmie Vaughan, Johnny Winter, Steve Winwood and host Bill Murray.
Among the many highlights: Jeff Beck's blistering guitar work that includes
a reinvention of the Beatles' "A Day in the Life"; Clapton's former Blind
Faith and Traffic bandmate Steve Winwood's soul-dipped vocals on "Presence
of the Lord" and "Can't Find My Way Home"; 81-year-old B.B. King's stirring
tribute to Clapton before turning to an electrifying "The Thrill Is Gone";
and Clapton going toe-to-toe with protégé Derek Trucks for a towering "Why
Does Love Got to Be So Sad."

I thought that I might see A Day In The Life or some other tunes not on the
DVD, but after re-reading the VH1 description, they don't actually say that
they would show it, which they did not--they just mentioned highlights of
the day.

brooz