[Slowhand] Led Zep Vs Cream

Shanahan mowdamowda at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 27 23:54:03 EST 2008

Steve:

"Would there have been a LZ without Cream? I think so."

I think so too Steve, however without Cream as a frame of reference, I think Led Zep would have been a continuation of what JP was doing with the Yardbirds a la Little Games LP. Interesting pyschedelic explorations in a pop vein with a few hit singles thrown in. Certainly nothing to write home about.

BTW, I love LZ and have everything they have issued. But Cream was definitely a turning point.

What sort of Buddy Holly without Elvis?
What sort of Beatles without Elvis, Little Richard, Holly and Perkins?
What sort of Stones without Chess?

Cheers

Tone

What are you waiting for? Join Lavalife FREE
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30288&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Join_free_OCT07&_m=EXT