[Slowhand] 2nd Time: Are The Blues Alive or Dead?

debi bluesgurl2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 15:28:13 EDT 2008

I sent this submisson Saturday and apparently sent it to the owner of the list. I'd like to thank David for forwarding and posting it.

Based on David's comments that from his astute observations the blues are alive and well, I can only surmise that he's writing from Chicago where the world's largest blues fest in the nation is happening this weekend. How I envy him for having the good fortune to attend!

Forgive me for posting again; however, if any readers missed the link in the previous digest, I'd like to post again with a comment.
.
I found this article's timing particularly ironic in light of the fact that it was published on 6/6/08, the opening day of the great annual Chicago Blues Fest weekend. Another paradox is that it was written for an Evanston, IL newspaper, which, for those who know Chicago, Evanston is virtually next door to the fest..

And, like David Hillman stated, I would hope that the incredible popularity of this event proves the author wrong. That's my two cents, thanks.

BTW, be sure your volume is turned on to hear the accompanying video:

http://www.northbynorthwestern.com/2008/06/10911/chicago-blues/