[Slowhand] I Remember Jeep

Kevin Wilson kevinwilson at telkomsa.net
Wed Oct 20 15:34:51 EDT 2010

When I bought my Jeep a friend said Just Empty Every Pocket. Well, over
time, I disagree. Clapton takes the cake (to mix a metaphor). Crossroads GF
2010 will soon be available in three formats: Standard version, Extra bonus
disc version (with rare tracks like Glad [phew!] and another song by EC's
new pal Citizen Coke) and the Full-length iTunes digital version (What's
that mean? Audio only? Or the actual movie that did the rounds 2 or 3 months
back - but running for 11 hours?).

Anyway, the bugger (that's Eric in case you're a little lost) even had the
cheek to say in his recent interview with Johnny Walker - and without a
twitch too - something to the effect that the record company would never go
for a double album (talking about Clapton now), they'll probably release the
rest of the 26 songs recorded on iTunes.

Have the record companies sold out to Eric? To think we used to sing songs
about floating homes and their graceful sides, and now we're financing his!

Guess I'll go out and buy a bra for my Jeep instead - no variety, only size
counts.

Kevin