[StBernard] thoughts about St. Bernard Parish

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Jan 24 07:53:09 EST 2006

"..I wish we could get someone to play footage of the water...and the boat
rescues...and footage of St. Bernard Parish looking as if a bomb has gone
off in every neighborhood....footage of lines of people trying to get
trailers, food, and supplies...people...still...fighting for insurance
money...Money that is rightfully ours but we will probably have to go to
court just to settle our policies.....would they get it then...again the
invitation stands...come and see for themselves....then
maybe they will get it! JUST ABOUT 5months...67,000 residents....only 500
trailers in our town of ST. BERNARD..concerned citizen"

**Concerned, like yourself, I can't imagine a slower death coming from a
fatalistic disease. It's the equivilency of slow-growthed cancer, eating
from the inside where there's nothing one can do to stop the ailment. The
emotions contribute to the misery in such a way that if hope springs out
somehow, will become the miracle we all need to get by. Things do not seem
to be moving quickly enough to avoid the depressed state so many are
experiencing and one-step-at-a-time procedures only tend to make matters
worse as our eyes will tear and our hearts will break at each waking day.

When a made-4-TV movie or Hollywood epic appears called "Katrina-The
Hurricane Like No Other" (or a facimile there of), I wonder how it will be
told? Will they beef it up with people tearing each other up in long lines
for food, trailers, etc.? Will local politicians themselves be target for
ridicule before millions as culprits and bumpling idiots on roof-tops wet
and rescued by helicopters?

How will our parish's story be told? (or well they once again, show the army
only recovering the Superdome/Convention Center Crowd to promote Hollywood's
favorite agenda. One-sided to ethnocentricity of its own choosing?

Jer.