[StBernard] Kitchenware Giveaway

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 9 01:35:30 EDT 2006

"Can you tell me if the kitchenware giveaway is still set for this Saturday
at the Jubilee supermarket? A friend told me that it was this past weekend
but the last information I have says it will be this coming weekend. Can
you confirm the correct date of the distribution? Why hasn't this giveaway
been more publicized to the residents? --Thanks, Karen Fernandez"

The Kitchenware giveaway was a "farce" IMHO. My son went and said there was
a car-line from the Winn-Dixie store in Meraux to the Giveaway area in
Chalmette. Miles...

I'd rather buy one for $15 or whatever. If there are "living-sponges" in St.
Bernard beyond poor people who need a kitchenset bad enough, then they all
came out for the event.

Knowing this, planning could have been much better to provide alternate
places of dissemination/disbursements of the product. I'm probably as po' as
they come these days, but my "pride" wouldn't allow me to humble myself
lower than a snake's belly, wasting as much in gas, in the heat, etc. to get
knives. Again, if what my son says is true, I'll pass each time.. I might
have to stand in line like that for food and gas, but I'll be damned if it's
going to be for "cold steel" which for those who are trying to bleed the
system (as was discussed) would be called, "Cold Steals"...

<G>.

Jer.