[StBernard] "From scapegoat to savior?"

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 9 01:36:06 EDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: jerrytt [mailto:jerryccug at bellsouth.net]
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 6:19 PM
To: stbernardnews-reply at da-parish.com
Subject: RE: [StBernard] "From scapegoat to savior?"

Let's see if we got the logic straight.

Ref: "From scapegoat to savior?
St. Bernard may turn to former FEMA chief "
http://www.nola.com/stbernard/t-p/index.ssf?/base/news-2/1144479075309480.xm
"In the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, officials in St. Bernard
Parish couldn't criticize FEMA harshly enough for the agency's bungled
response to the devastation in south Louisiana. " --writes by Karen Turni
Bazile, St. Bernard/Plaquemines bureau.

**I'm perplexed. officials pouted about the pain and misery that FEMA (and
the last I heard was that Michael Brown was running the show with FEMA)
caused the parish. Now, if this is true, there must have been an endearing
contrition followed by a Christian forgiveness/forebearance about the
circumstances on and after the event. Now, Michael Brown is going to ask St.
Bernard Parish to pay him (obviously what he desires) to tell them how to
get out of the current mess?

Consulting the crystal ball, (oh, at least the black one found in novelty
stores with the "Yes/No/maybe so" (and "nevermind, I'll look it up on the
Internet) answers, we might find the real answers to our ever so surreal
situation, things are getting more crazier as time passes. (If I weren't
such a drug-free loving dude, I'd go for the valium <G>...

Of course, governments are hired "retired crooks, burglers, hackers, and
rapists" to get the scoop how their crimes are committed, seeking the
answers about how to relieve the pain of burglary, hacking, raping and
thieving... <G>

--jer--