[StBernard] TAX ISSUES

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Apr 10 23:24:01 EDT 2006

Just wanted to drop a line on tax issues for the pepole from THE Parish.

You have until August 28, 2006 to file your 2005 tax return. You do not
need any extension.

You have until the same date to file any estimated taxes for 2006.

Most of my cleints are amending their 2004 tax returns and if this produces
a Net Operating Loss carry it forward to 2005. The average Federal refund
has been very handsome.

Rememer - in most cases you only receive a refund if you have paid or
withheld taxes.

You may also file a refund on sales tax on items lost in storm. For a
$50,000 loss this coud amount to $2,000 check from the state.

I can be reached at 504-342-4624 for anyone that needs professional
assistance with thier taxes.

Regards,
Alan V. Thriffiley