[StBernard] Bless Ya Boys and Women of Shine

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Sep 3 19:59:41 EDT 2007

SHINE NEWSLETTER - COMING IN SEPTEMBER

BLESS YA BOYS at Le Chat Noir
and

WOMEN OF SHINE at Flour Power Playhouse
Don't miss our production of "Bless Ya Boys," original play written by Tom
Hassinger and directed by Barry Lemoine.
With the opening of football season fast approaching - Shine Productions has
a question for you...Are you the Ultimate Fan?

Were you there for John Gilliam's legendary 94 yard opening kickoff at the
first game in Tulane Stadium?

When Tom Dempsy kicked the record setting 63 year field goal?

When the Saints won their first Playoff game? Well...

Wait 'till this year!

And don't miss "Bless Ya Boys," a loving, irreverent look at our New Orleans
Saints that takes the audience on a comedic and abridged romp through the 40
yeas of our Beloved Black and Gold through scenes, sketch comedy and
monologues, starring Will Schneider, Christian Bordelon, Tom Hassinger,
Barry Lemoine, Shane Palmer and Jenny Meyer.

After sold out debut perforamces at Flour Power Playhouse last month, Bless
Ya Boys continues with a run at Le Chat Noir on Tuesday nights for 7 weeks
beginning September 11.

For tickets, call Le Chat Noir, 715 St. Charles Avenue at 504.581.5812.
Tickets are $20, and the show starts at 8 pm - every Tuesday from Sept 11 -
October 30.

WOMEN OF SHINE

And mark your calendars and bring your girlfriends to the Women of Shine
variety show at Flour Power Playhouse on Sunday, September 16 and Wednesday,
September 19.

Featuring Mary Burns, Anna Weidenhaft (Miss Weedy) and comic Jodi Borello,
the Women of Shine show brings together some of our favorite female
performers from the past six years, including Shannon Gildea, Erica Goostry,
Susan Tatje, Pauline Boudreaux, Annette Campo, Carroll Devine and Flour
Power proprietress Ronda DeForest.

New Orleans comic Jodi Borello brings a never ending smile and signature
laugh that are infectious with audiences. Fresh from performances at
Harrah's in Las Vegas, New Orleans and Lake Tahoe, she's been chosen as one
of New Orleans 30 People to Watch.

"You'd think people in Las Vegas would be different than us here in New
Orleans. But they're not.They're all walking around saying,'I lost
everything. I lost thecar. I lost the house ...' "
The variety show also features music by one of our favorite musicians, Jude
LeBlanc.

Tickets are available at Flour Power or by calling Rose Sand at
504.666.1220. Ticket prices are $12 in advance and $15 at the door. Groups
of six or more receive a discounted rate of $10, when purchased in advance.
Line up of performers may vary from show to show. Show times are 5pm on
September 16 and 7:30 pm on September 19.