[Woodcarver] Sharpening

Darrell & Catherine res744cn at verizon.net
Mon Aug 2 12:09:16 EDT 2004

Hi gang,

    I will be buying a sharpening system this week or next. HELP PLEASE. I now sharpen with ceramic stones and hone with a hard felt wheel attached to my hand drill and use the green compound. I normally only carve in my small shop and never take the tools anywhere and I do have wooden floors, which will eliminate any chipping of the tools.
    I have been looking at the Ultimate Sharpening system and the Ultimate Honing system, both are offered by Woodchips I believe. I do mainly a lot of the larger type carvings as opposed to the smaller caricatures or pins. Please give me some input, my budget is only about $200 or so.
Thanks so much,
Darrell

Visit my pictures at http://www.picturetrail.com/darrell4