[Woodcarver] tool holder

Doug Evans dge1 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 2 17:47:06 EDT 2004

Hi Joe, your advise is always what I have heard also. About a month ago
I was invited to the studio of one of our top local carvers. I was
shocked to find out that he used magnetic strips for ALL of his tools
and had for the last 15-20 years. He also stated he never had problems
with his edges and his tools I used were Very sharp. Any thoughts???

Thanks,

Doug Evans

I stay away from any magnetic strips. That will magnetize your tools. As
you sharpen and remove metal particals those particals will cling to the
cutting edge of the tool. Those particals are hard to remove and they
will distroy your keen cutting edge in a very short time.