[Woodcarver] Melissa (chat)

Mike Bloomquist m.bloomquist at verizon.net
Fri Aug 6 20:35:39 EDT 2004

Hugh,
Be patient... I suspect she'll come back.  Melissa has had lulls... especially with college, swimming and lifeguarding.  She carved a love spoon recently for a friend who was getting married.  She has a purple sparkle makeup box that she converted to a carving kit.  It's never far away.  Last weekend I had the previlege of teaching her beau how to carve.  The three of us spent the afternoon in the backyard, under the trees, just making chips.  Laura, the older daughter, doesn't like knives.  She and I have taken watercolor classes together and watch/read sci-fi and fantasy.  I taught one of her boy-friends how to carve too... SomehowI think it good for them to know what I can do with a knife ;-).

Keep on Carvin'
-Mike B.->