[Woodcarver] sorry plus bike rally

Dave Egan ThumbGouger at netscape.net
Mon Aug 9 14:05:27 EDT 2004

cynda douglas <cynda at iw.net> wrote:

>Any bikers in this group?  I'm about 30 miles from the annual Sturgis
>rally. There is a constant stream of bikers going by.

Hi Cynda,

I had some company from CA here for the weekend so Sunday I took them over to see the rock heads and stopped in Sturgis on the way back.  For those of us that get nastalgic about our riding days a walk past all these bikes will intensify the desire to stradle one again.  Quite a colorful collection of man and machine.  I did get to visit with a few artists that were sharing a space:    http://stantonworks.com/  and  http://barnwoodintarsia.com/  .  mostly intarsia stuff but it's wood so like Loren I'm trying to keep this on carving  :)

I thought about you as we passed through Spearfish but making a one day trip of it time was tight and kids were tired (and getting moody)  hehe.  Talk to you soon.

Dave

--
Dave Egan
Sheridan, WY