[Woodcarver] Woodcarving As Art

Joe Dillett jdillett at thecarvingshop.com
Sat Aug 14 08:44:26 EDT 2004

> Maybe you participate in regional or national juried
> fine art shows that accept wood sculpture. Perhaps you
> just have an annual show in your area that you visit
> to ooooh and ahhhh each year. If you had to pick, say,
> three to five top juried or invitational "fine art"
> shows around the country that include wood sculpture,
> what (and where) would they be? I'd love to find more
> of them.
> Thanks,
> Jean
***************
Hi Jean,

It has been over 15 years since I worked the art show circuit and most of
the shows I did are no longer running. I did like the show at Water Tower
Place in Chicago but I even lost the contact information.

I suggest you go to your local book store and buy a book listing art and
craft shows around the country. That is how I found the shows I worked. The
shows I do now are the Home Shows. It is not really a show where people
would expect art but it is a much better marketing tool for me.

Joe Dillett
The Carving Shop
645 E. LaSalle St. Suite 3
Somonauk, IL. 60552