[Woodcarver] Re:Sally and David Nye's site

Doris Briggs jbriggs at telusplanet.net
Sun Aug 29 12:48:34 EDT 2004

  Hi Joe,

> Thanks for posting Sally and David Nye's site Doris.
>
> I just can't say how great I think their book is, not only because of
> the
> clear instruction, but the research of the history of this art that
> goes
> back hundreds of years. Their love for Fan-Carving is contributing to
> keep
> fan-carving alive and bring it back into popularity.
>
> Doris, the UPS man brought a box from Marnie. I opened it and found
> both
> carvings. Oh, alright, there were five carvings in the box. I'll keep
> them
> safe for you. Looking forward to seeing you at the GOW.

You had me going for a second there!  LOL  Thanks, I'm looking forward
to seeing the carvings AND coming to the GOW.  I have asked Jud to mail
a book to your shop that I can pick up at that time also - trusting
that is Ok since you already had a collection for me.  : )

We haven't picked up a copy of their book yet.  Do you think that they
will have some for sale at the GOW?

TTYL,
Doris