[Woodcarver] Carving OLIEBOLLEN (CHAT)

sally nye sarolyn at accn.org
Mon Dec 6 09:20:54 EST 2004

Jan, you're making my mouth water.  Am I a fully trained "Olie
Bollener" since you let me cook one or two at Joe's GOW?
Sally
http://www.fancarversworld.com

On Dec 6, 2004, at 9:03 AM, jan oegema wrote:

As the end of the year is approaching I am letting you ALL know that
I'll be carv'n OLIE BOLLEN (OIL BALLS)again
  just incase you want to *CARVE* some to
Here is the repice for them
It it an VERY old Dutch tradition to eat these OLIE BOLLEN on NewYears
eve
4 cup flower
2/3cup sugar
1 egg(RAW)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
2 tbsp baking powder
add raisens or apple pieces
mix with milk
to soft pudding consistancy

Put 2 inches of oil in deep fryer and bring to high temperature (like
for French fries )
Use 2 spoons dipped in oil first and lower a heaping spoonful in the
hot oil
Should be about 6-8 in at a time
do NOT have 'm touch each other as they have to flip over by them self
bake till light brown
Sprinkle with Icing sugar
(Test one by taking one out and braking it open )
and a happy holiday season and a healthy New Year to you all
and Happy carv'n
                                      Woodbutcher Jan

Check out my web site at

http://members.rogers.com/jancarves

Also take a look at my picture trail albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/woodbutcher